Thursday, April 23, 2009

One year ago...

A year ago today we received a phone call that would forever change our lives. Here is how it happened - My mother had surgery the day before and I was calling the hospital to check on her. While I was talking to her I had another call buzz in. She asked if I needed to get it and I told her I would just let it go to voicemail. We talked for a few more minutes and after we got off the phone I noticed I did have a message and so I called to check my voicemail. Here is the message that I heard "Hi Suzi, This is Michelle and I have your referral - I will try to call every other number that I have for you!!!". I let out a nice squeal and then immediately called Terry. Michelle had got in touch with him and he informed me WE ARE GETTING TWINS!!!!! We were open to the idea of twins but didn't expect that would happen so for the 8 months we spent waiting on referral we were focused on one child and then found out God was blessing us with twins!!! What an amazing feeling that was. Then I called my voicemail back and realized this was the true message from Michelle "Hi Suzi, This is Michelle and I have your REFERRALS!!!" A few minutes later these are the precious pictures I received and immediately fell so in love with these two beautiful boys!!
How GREAT is our GOD?!?!?!? I still look at these boys in awe - even though they look a little different than they did in the above pictures.

I again thank all of you that shared in our journey and for all your love and support through this whole process and our continued journey as parents!!! I could go on and on about how much our lives have been enriched and blessed as a result of that phone call a year ago. There was a time in our lives when we thought we would have no children at all, there was a time that we thought we would have one child, now we are blessed to have two children and we remain open to whatever God has for our future. My life verse has long been Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord "plans to give you hope and a future, plans to prosper you and not cause you harm." That verse held me while we waited and I continue to cling to it as I cling to God's plan for our lives.

No comments: