Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

Every time I think about or say Thanksgiving lately I just get all weepy. Obviously having my boys home is a big reason for that but when I think about all we have to be thankful for this year I just get a little overwhelmed!! Even when thinking about the boys and the fact that they are finally here we have so many other things to be thankful for surrounding that - family and friends that were SO supportive of us through the entire journey, the many many many people we had praying for us throughout this journey - many people we didn't even know, how much closer this experience brought Terry and I together as a couple, how much this experience brought us closer to God, that we were even able to have this journey and be blessed with these two beautiful boys, all the smiles and joy they have already brought to our lives in such a short period of time, i could go on an on. We also have so many other things to be thankful for this year - we both have good health, we both have good, stable jobs - in this economy that is especially huge, we have a great family who is so supporting and loving in all that we do, we have great friends - many who seem more like family, we have a strong financial situation (which got us in a national magazine and on national television this year), we have shelter over our heads, clothes on our back, food in our belly, we have a great church family, we have so many things that we probably take for granted everyday that i am not even thinking about. Praise God for the way in which He has blessed our lives in so many ways this year. Again as I think on all that we have to be thankful for I just get overwhelmed.

Ok I am sure that is not the posting you were expecting and you were probably just coming for an update on the kiddos but I felt I wanted to get that out. The boys are doing great but don't have many pictures from yesterday - first steps was here for about 3 hours and so we didn't take pictures during that time and in the morning when I started to take pictures my camera died so we had several hours with no camera while the battery charged. Sorry, but here a few...

Thanks so Amy and Kate feeling bad for the boys fighting over the mirror here is a shot of the boys where they each have a mirror....

Rylee was quite concerned yesterday with his playmat because the animals on it would not come off - he kept trying but they just wouldn't come off!!!


Here is one of both boys playing in their toys, pausing for a moment to smile at mommy....


Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!! We are heading to grandma and grandpa's today so I am sure I will have some pictures tomorrow from that. Have a blessed day!!!

No comments: